Zio Frank's Tomato & mushroom seared beef fillet
This is a serving size of 1, multiply the ingredients to make additional servings.
1 beef fillet
1/3 of a small garlic clove
1/3 fresh parsley
1 cup of sliced mushrooms
fresh basil leaves to garnish
Blu Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil - works well with all oils in our range, but as a preference I would select our reserve for a rich flavour.
1. Pour 1/2 cup of blu estate extra virgin olive oil (evoo) into a small bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place your beef fillet into the oil bowl, to allow your beef to marinate.
3. Place your beef fillet in a pan, on high heat to sear the edges. do not overcrowd your meat with additional pieces. turn the heat down to cook through your beef fillet to your desired style.
4. In a seperate small pan, drizzle some blu estate evoo and add your thinly sliced garlic, salt, pepper and finely chopped fresh parsley. once your garlic is starting to golden in colour add your thinly sliced mushrooms. this will only take a minute or so to cook. remove from heat when the mushrooms have reached a golden colour. remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Cut tomato in one half, add blu estate evoo and pan sear in a small pan over low to medium heat. add a sprinkle of salt and remove from the pan once your tomato has softened in texture.
6. Once your beef fillet has reached your desired cooking style, place all elements to your plate, and garnish with some fresh basil leaves.
7. Drizzle some blu estate evoo oil on top, as oil contains lowest acidity when no heat is applied, providing health benefits and also adding to the flavours of your meal.
Flavour everything with Blu Estate EVOO and love…